We believe good standards of dress and personal presentation promote a positive attitude to work and behaviour whilst identifying students to the local community and future employers as proud members of a high quality educational establishment. The cooperation of all parents and carers is requested to ensure that students are in correct uniform at all times.
The academy uniform is formal and is clearly defined and we expect all students to wear it correctly with pride. It is expected that all students will wear the uniform unless there is a valid medical or cultural reason why a student cannot wear a particular item or why they have to wear an additional garment. Any student refusing to wear the correct uniform will be withdrawn from lessons until the matter is rectified.
Our official uniform supplier is Stratfords, King’s Lynn.
STRATFORDS, 17-19 HAMBURG WAY, NORTH LYNN IND ESTATE, KINGS LYNN PE30 2ND
TEL 01553 772043
Uniform is available Monday to Friday 08.00 – 16.30, all year round.
Below is an overview of compulsory & optional items of uniform for boys & girls from September 2021 (changes to existing items in bold):
- Plain grey tailored trousers in a traditional style (cords, jeans, chinos, wide flares, linens, hipsters, skinny or flared bootleg designs are not permitted) OR Plain grey knee length in a traditional style skirt. Preferred supplier is Stratford’s, King’s Lynn.
- Plain white shirt with a collar
- Navy blazer with the academy logo embroidered on the breast pocket (from approved supplier only)
- An academy House colours tie (from approved supplier only) Phased change from Sept 2021.
- Plain dark socks/tights.
- Black formal shoes; Trainers, canvas shoes or shoes with sports logos are not permitted
- Navy jumper with academy logo (from approved supplier only)
- Red polo shirt with academy logo (from approved supplier only).
- Black shorts with academy logo (from approved supplier only).
- Tracksuit trousers or sports leggings (from approved supplier only). New item
- KES logo hooded sweatshirt (from approved supplier only). New item
- Red Academy sports socks.
- Sports trainers (or football boots when appropriate).
- Rugby Shirt (from approved supplier only).
- Showerproof Black jacket (from approved supplier only). New item
|King Edward VII Academy Blazer||With Academy logo. Sleeves rolled down.||No other jacket / blazer/ hooded top is permitted.|
|King Edward VII
|Tied onto closed neck of white shirt at an appropriate length.||Academy tie with House colours being phased in from Sept 2021|
|White Shirt||Formal plain white (short or long sleeved) with stiff collar for wearing with a tie. Shirt sleeves rolled down. Top button done up and always tucked in.||No polo or open necked shirts|
|Grey Trousers||Plain, formal loose fitting school style that reach down to the shoe. Not rolled up.||No skinny trousers/jeans/chinos. No jogging bottoms or jeans. No patterns, studs or decoration.|
|Grey Knee Length Skirt||Plain, pleated or flat fronted, formal school style skirt down to the knees, not stretchy. No mini or pencil skirts||No other style of skirt is permitted. Skirts should be Knee length as a minimum.|
|Navy jumper with academy logo (optional)||Navy jumper with academy logo (from approved supplier only).||No other style or colour is permitted.|
|Winter Coat||Academy blazers must be worn underneath. Plain in design and dark in colour.
No coats to be worn in the Academy.
|No hooded tops, jackets or sweatshirts to be worn over or under blazers.|
|Socks or tights||Plain black||No patterns or decoration.|
|Shoes||Plain black, flat, formal, leather-type sensible shoes that are polishable.
Boot shoes fine if black formal leather type and covered by trousers
|No trainers, canvas, suede, plimsolls, leisure shoes or sandals are permitted. No high heels, platforms or shoes without backs.|
|Jewellery/ Accessories||One watch, one bracelet, one ring on each hand, one pair of earrings – studs only.
Natural discreet coloured nail varnish.
No fake/acrylic/extended nails.
|No other visible jewellery is permitted. No facial or body piercings or retainers. No hats or bandanas. Jewellery will have to be removed for specific practical lessons. Plasters are not permitted to cover jewellery.|
|Hair||Hair accessories should be black or grey in colour||Extreme hairstyles or un-natural colours are not permitted.|
|Red Polo Shirt||With Academy logo.||No other style or colour permitted.|
|Black Shorts||With Academy logo||No other style or colour permitted.|
|Tracksuit trousers or sports leggings||Black with red detailing||No other colour or style is permitted.|
|KES logo hooded sweatshirt||No other colour or style of hooded top is permitted.|
|Rugby Shirt (optional)||With Academy logo||No other style or colour permitted.|
|Showerproof Black jacket (optional)||With Academy logo||No other style or colour permitted.|
|Socks||Red Academy sports socks.||No other style is permitted.|
|Footwear||Sports trainers or football boots when appropriate.||No other footwear permitted.|
If you are not able to participate in PE as a performer, you will still need to bring your PE kit and get changed.
If you fail to bring your PE kit, you will be expected to borrow from the PE Department.
Please note: King Edward VII Academy makes the final decision as to what is acceptable or not acceptable in all aspects of a students appearance.
For details of the King Edward VII Academy Sixth Form dress code, please click here.