Year 7 Transition
Welcome to King Edward VII Academy! Here you can access all of the materials you need to make your transition into Year 7 as smooth as possible.
New students joining KES Academy in Year 7 enjoy a structured programme of transition days. During this time, parents also have the opportunity to come along to meet the students form tutors and staff members. We offer an intensive support programme that includes school visits, tours of KES, and opportunities for additional transition. The purpose of the transition period is to:
- Introduce students to their form tutors
- Meet other students
- Ask academy staff any questions
- Reassure students and parents alike that they will be well cared for when they arrive at the academy.
We aim to work with parents and carers to help our students flourish and develop into accomplished, cultured young adults over their time with us. Our new students have:
- An allocated pastoral support adult
- An allocated SEND key worker
- Opportunities to partake in the House System at KES prior to starting in September.
All new pupils will work closely with existing pupils within the academy during their transition period and into their first term.